Now get advanced information barriers, security scopes, private channels, guest access controls and more in NC Protect
Companies have embraced Teams en masse to facilitate internal and guest collaboration during the pandemic, with many leaving security on the backburner to accelerate the transition to remote work. According to Gartner, 74% of companies are planning to permanently shift some of their personnel to remote work after the crisis – making it crucial to plug information security gaps now. Today we released NC Protect v 7 with new advanced information protection features and rapid deployment for Microsoft Teams to ensure business-critical data is being used and shared according to an organization’s policies and industry regulations. It ensures internal and external Teams users can collaborate securely from anywhere, now and in the future.
NC Protect v7 includes several new advanced information protection capabilities:
Advanced Information Barriers – Out of the box Information Barriers completely cut off all communication and collaboration between users or groups of users. NC Protect’s flexible Information Barriers allow users to communicate and collaborate on permitted projects or topics, while simultaneously preventing unauthorized or accidental sharing of specific types of information between parties (e.g. trade secrets, insider information, etc.).
- Selectively blocks chat and sharing of files via chat or the files tab between individuals or groups of users based on their user attributes or the content within the chat.
- Removes tabs and apps from the Teams UI based on user attributes.
IT Friendly Private Channels provide the ability to simplify the creation and management of private channels to restrict access to specific individuals within a Team.
- Restricts private channel access based on user attributes without increasing the number of site collections in SPO to support those channels.
- Reduces admin overhead over time associated with managing large numbers of site collections and simplifies backup and lifecycle tasks.
Security Scopes are a set of information protection rules that can automatically be applied to Teams based on the team member, chat or file content and context to prevent accidental data leaks.
- Automatically applies rule sets to multiple Teams or sites as content or member attributes change (e.g. If a guest user is added a Team can be automatically moved to a new scope and rules applied).
Guest access is simplified and more secure with the ability to automatically control what content guests can see in a Team based on their user attributes, eliminating the need to create separate Teams for guests to control access to specific types of content. For example, content that is marked ‘internal use only’ can be hidden from guest users in the Team.
Simplified Install and Administration features a simplified install process thanks to leveraging new capabilities within Microsoft APIs. Additionally, NC Protect has been streamlined into a single Azure app further reducing deployment, running costs and administration time. It also features and updated user experience to simplify use and product training, as well as helping to reduce the time needed for NC Protect administration.
Get Started Today
If you are rolling out Teams or need a simpler, faster, and more cost-effective solution to secure an existing implementation, talk to us. We’ll show you how easy it is to safeguard business-critical information in Teams and other Microsoft Office 365 apps using NC Protect.