NC Protect now empowers team owners to apply security and access policies to teams and channels, reducing IT burden
User managed tools like Teams make it difficult to keep track of data and ensure that an organization’s information security, sharing and usage policies are being followed as new Teams and channels can quickly be spun up by users, not IT. Today we released the latest version of NC Protect to simplify the process of securing Microsoft Teams Sites, Teams and Channels created by users.
NC Protect now includes built-in rule sets which allow team owners to set security and access policies from within the Teams app itself with just a few clicks, without any IT knowledge or skills. The default rule sets, which can be customized by IT, are selected by users as they create new teams and channels from the NC Protect Tab in Teams UI to set internal and guest access rights and apply information protection including encryption, watermarks and restrict document usage. NC Protect’s new rule-sets reduce the burden on IT, help standardize security, and ensure Teams collaboration is secure as new teams and channels are provisioned.
What’s New in NC Protect for Teams
Key new capabilities of the new NC Protect Rule Sets in this latest release include:
- Integration with the Microsoft Teams UI enables a team’s owner to easily select and apply default information protection rule sets to the team or channel right from the NC Protect Tab in the Teams app to ensure secure collaboration as teams are provisioned by users.
- Information Protection – Select from default policies to control access to content and add additional protection to documents including:
- Forced viewing of sensitive information in a read only secure web reader,
- Automatic application of digital watermarks with the user’s name and date, encrypt documents in motion, and/or,
- Restrict document functions such as print, copy / paste and save as.
- Channel Security – Control whether a Channel inherits the security policies from the team or its policies are set individually.
- Guest Access – Control guest access to a Team or Channel and apply additional security features such forced viewing of sensitive information in a read only secure web reader and watermarks.
- Privacy Settings – Apply additional privacy controls to a team or channel to control access.
- ‘Public’ uses the permissions native to Teams.
- ‘Private’ to select a subset of team users to be allowed into the channel.
- ‘Archived’ to force all documents to be opened read only in the Secure Reader with a personalized Watermark (current date & user name), useful for inactive projects that need to be referenced for historical purposes.
- Ability to Customize Default Rule Sets – The out of the box default rule sets can be easily customized to meet an organization’s individual security needs and policies.
See it in Action
Watch this short demo to see how easy it is to apply Teams security and set guest access using NC Protect. Like what you see? Contact us to get the conversation started.